Period affected by local anestesia and antibiotics ?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Lola2018
not a newbie
Pronouns: She

Period affected by local anestesia and antibiotics ?

Unread post by Lola2018 »

Hi! I got my wisdoms too the remover and for that I had a big of local anestesia and then a week of antibiotics. I should get my period like tomorrow or the next day.
I’ve been working on my anxiety (and I’m doing so much better I enjoy sex and use condom all the time and it hasent broken). So I just wanted to know if my period gets a bit late could it be due to the anestesia or antibiotic? So I don’t need to freak out or anything. Thanks:)
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Period affected by local anestesia and antibiotics ?

Unread post by Mo »

The thing about periods is that they can be late for all sorts of reasons that aren't necessarily apparent. Changes in your health can impact your menstrual cycle, so it's not unusual to see a period come sooner or later than expected when you've had health issues come up. if your period comes later than expected, it could be that the delay is related to your wisdom tooth removal, but it could be something else - it's just not something we can know for sure, most of the time. I think the way you can best help yourself here is focusing on whatever strategies you've found to decrease your anxiety, if you find it flaring up for any reason.
Lola2018
not a newbie
Pronouns: She

Unread post by Lola2018 »

Thank you :)
Can I keep writing here to let you know how it all worked out ?
I would also like to know if it’s ok to say the next thing here or if next time I should write it somewhere else ?
What I want to say (in case someone with anxiety reads it and it my help them) is that in my case what has helped me are three things:
1) scarleteen for beeing kind and informed
2) not taking about my pregnancy scares with friends (it only made it worst) know I keep it to myself and it has helped a lot
3) I keep telling myself (and in any other scary situation) “this is just a step in the stairs of my life. I have to go through it one by one. So only focus on getting through this step. If I do it’ll be in the past but i have to go through it without fear other wise I’m just letting it pass and I’m not the one taking action”.
This time I have managed my anxiety very well. Usually I would freak out 2 to 3 weeks before my period. This time I started to slightly worry one day before it. So I just want to let anyone who needs it know that anxiety should not determine our life pre reality. Thanks for all the support :) I feel great that I have finally been able to almost get rid of anxiety.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

It's ok to keep using this thread as you want to. I'm glad you're feeling like your anxiety is pretty under control right now.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic