Inadequate in sex

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Lil
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Lesbian

Inadequate in sex

Unread post by Lil »

I am having trouble in getting my girlfriend to reach orgasm. I can't ever find the clitoris and if I do the pressure she likes requires all my strength, my leg and very uncomfortable positions. My hand is in an awkward position and tends to cramp. She gets frustrated and I get self conscious about my shortcomings. She won't use a vibratory and won't allow oral sex because I am apparently not good at that either. Is there anything I can do to help me do better or does she need to find someone that will satisfy her.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Inadequate in sex

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Lil,

I'm sorry this situation is leaving you feeling self-conscious. There's a few different things you and she can try to sort this situation out.

For starters, have you two experimented with different positions when rubbing her clitoris? I'm willing to bet there's some room for compromise between "no orgasm for her" and "massive hand cramps for you." Too, if you're feeling like you have trouble locating her clitoris, this article may help you out: Innies & Outies: The Vagina, Clitoris, Uterus and More

The larger concern I see in what you're describing is that it sounds like she's not being a very patient or respectful partner. You're asking if there are ways to make sex feel better for her, but the only person who can tell you how to do that is her. And right now, it sounds like she's not actually willing to do that. For example, if you and she are both interested in oral sex where she receives but you're not quite doing what works for her, the solution is for her to give you feedback and for the two of your to communicate and experiment. Telling you it's off the table because you're not good at it assumes that people are either inherently good at a sexual thing or bad at that thing. But really, most of us will have a learning curve when we're being sexual with a partner, because it takes time to learn what each person likes. So it sounds like you two may need to have a conversation where you take a look at how you're communicating during sex and if either of you has expectations of the other that may not be realistic. Does that sound like a conversation you could have?

I also want to check, because it sounds like a lot of the focus is on her enjoying yourself: do you feel like you're each devoting equal energy to making the other feel good? Or is the focus mainly on her orgasm?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic