Birth control

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Corrie199689
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Dunno
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She

Birth control

Unread post by Corrie199689 »

I sprayed deordorant when my pill pack was on my lap would the aerosol have any effect on my pills??
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Birth control

Unread post by Mo »

If you haven't taken a moment to read through the patient instructions/medication information packet that came with your birth control pills, I think that would be a great idea; any kind of medication has instructions and information that will spell out what, if anything, will interact or interfere with that medication's effectiveness. If something you're worried about isn't listed there, you can rest assured that it won't be an issue.
You've asked a lot of questions about whether various things will impact your pill or not; how secure do you feel in this birth control method? Would you like information on other birth control options, or ways to feel more secure in the one you're using right now?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Birth control

Unread post by Heather »

Corrie, I want to set a hard limit on these kinds of questions with you at this point, which are the bulk of your questions here. I think it's clear you're stuck in either an anxiety or OCD cycle, or that you have such little confidence in this method or how you're using it (I can't recall if you use a backup method or not) that it would be much more productive and beneficial to talk about perhaps finding a different method or set of methods you felt more confidence in.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic