Not sure what to do next

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
comed
Pronouns: She/her

Not sure what to do next

Unread post by comed »

I'm 16 and on Lo Loestrin Fe, this is my 5th month on it. My last period finished yesterday and I started a new pack 2 days ago. Today I was having sex with my boyfriend and the condom (which came with spermicide on it) slipped off in me, and after that we had unprotected sex for a little bit and he didn't finish inside of me. This was the first time we had done that.
I'm a little bit anxious because I don't know if I should get a Plan B. I can't afford to get pregnant, especially not now, and I don't know how protected I am considering the fact that the condom slipped off and I made the (albeit dumb) decision to have unprotected sex afterwards to know what it would feel like. The most frustrating part is knowing that my period just ended and that I won't know if I have a missed period until about 4 weeks from now (I have a 28 day cycle.)
Should I get a Plan B or should I just leave it alone? Should I buy a pregnancy test? I don't really know what to do because I can't tell my parents about this since they're really against sex before marriage. Any help would be appreciated

Also, I'm sorry if this qualifies as a pregnancy scare question. I'm just really scared and I feel lost because I don't have support from my family in this and I want someone's input on what I should do because I was never told what to do in this situation. I'm probably just being paranoid, but I want to play it safe
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Not sure what to do next

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi comed,

If you've been using the pill correctly and he used withdrawal during this incident, then you do have a fairly high level of protection (you can see the level of protection combining those two methods here: The Buddy System: Effectiveness Rates for Backing Up Your Birth Control With a Second Method ). If the effectiveness rate of combining those two methods doesn't feel like enough, then you're still in a window where plan B is an option available to you.

Also, just to check, are you and he up to date on STI tests?
comed
Pronouns: She/her

Unread post by comed »

We were both each other’s first time so no, we have never gotten tested for STIs. Would that be something we should do?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

If you both have had no sexual contact with anyone besides each other, than your odds of STI transmission are very, very low. You can read more about why that is here: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advic ... ave_an_std
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic