Question about pre-cum?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
horsegirl5665
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm good at music
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Question about pre-cum?

Unread post by horsegirl5665 »

So two days ago, I gave my boyfriend a handjob for the first time. He finished himself off, so I know there's no way any cum got on my hand, but I don't know if any pre-cum did or not. I don't remember my hand feeling wet, so I'm starting to think there was none on my hand. Around 15-20 minutes later, I went to the bathroom to pee and (stupidly) wiped using that hand without washing it first. Is there any pregnancy risk from this? He peed around 10 minutes before the handjob, which I've heard means that there would be no sperm in his pre-cum. I've heard a lot of conflicting things about whether this specific scenario poses a pregnancy risk or not, and I really just need a straight forward answer to help ease my mind. Thanks!
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Question about pre-cum?

Unread post by Heather »

Hey there, horsegirl.

Our policy is that:
We will not answer ANY questions about pregnancy fear or anxiety in our direct services from users who are not pregnant or who are not or have not otherwise been directly involved with an actual pregnancy.

Please do not post this kind of question. If you are seeing this text, and your thread is locked, it is because you have posted this kind of question.

We CAN and WILL talk about things like:
• choosing and using a method or methods of contraception for any future sexual activity
• creating your own sexual limits and boundaries based on your needs and/or presenting them to any partners
• making sexual choices that suit your own needs, abilities and limitations, including your own readiness for certain possible risks
• help locating or using emergency contraception if and when you have had a pregnancy risk
• discussing options with a real, existing pregnancy, and help finding and accessing those options, such as abortion services and pre-natal care, or discussing feelings or concerns about a past pregnancy
• help with anxiety like locating mental health services, sound self-help or asking for support from friends or family

Do take a look at the links below, as they can fill you in easy on what does and doesn't even pose realistic risks of pregnancy.

For help dealing with a scare (including what poses a risk and your next steps based on your unique situation), you may use our tool on site built for this purpose: The Pregnancy Panic Companion.
For help with anxiety, click here.
For related help and information at Scarleteen, click here.
If you would like more information about this policy, click here.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic