Boyfriend

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
ailurophiledork
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I can sometimes understand people
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her

Boyfriend

Unread post by ailurophiledork »

Hey, its been a while scarleteen and i wanna ask something about my relationship, how do you tell if your boyfriend does not love you anymore? Or has been bored of you? I feel like my boy is kind of different nowadays like he puts so much interest in lots of new things, even a certain girl that he told me is a long family friend, he seems more interested in her or idk if thats just my feelings, anyways he has been through a rough time cause he just lost basically a spot in a college which he wants so bad and i stick by him the whole time supporting him, is it because i took so much that he thought i could always be there without him needing to be in his best condition? Like he could just leave me quite a while and hang out with friends when i need him for moral support and just think that i'll still be there for him? Idk i feel a different vibe, what should i do? Thank you
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Boyfriend

Unread post by Heather »

When you talk about how he's different nowadays, how recent a change are we talking about? And has it just been since he lost that spot in school, or before then?

Also, have you been asking him for support and he's been blowing you off for friends? Or is it that you want his support, but you haven't asked for it, and so that's why he's hanging with friends instead of supporting you in whatever you're going through?

Also, how has this relationship been for you so far up until recently? Have you been in it a long time? Has it generally given you what you wanted and needed?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
ailurophiledork
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I can sometimes understand people
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her

Unread post by ailurophiledork »

I think it's because i dont communicate what i want towards him and i think he changes because of this certain lost.. and we've been together for almost 2 years, gonna be 2 years in July.. yeah its given me more than i hope .. its just lately im not feeling him wanting it anymore
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Okay, so if I'm hearing you right, you haven't been communicating most of these feelings to him. If that's the case, then a first step may be sitting down with him and talking about how you've been feeling about the relationship lately and the things you've been worried about. You can also practice bringing things up in the moment they happen. For example, if you're realizing you'd like extra support from him on a certain day, it's okay to ask him for that. Are those conversations ones you feel like you're comfortable having? Or do you feel unsure about where even to start?

Too, if the changes in his behavior started around the time he got the bad news about his college, it's quite possible this is part of a bigger reaction he's having while dealing with whatever feelings that rejection brought up for him. But even if that's the case, it's still okay to say that you've noticed changes in his behavior that you worried.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic