Iud Strings

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
gatesy08
not a newbie
Pronouns: she, her
Sexual identity: heterosexual

Iud Strings

Unread post by gatesy08 »

Hello,
Ive had my kyleena iud for almost a full 3 months now and ive never been able to feel my strings. I try to really get up there! I did bave an ultrasound a few days after insertion to confirm placement as all was well. Is it bad that i cant feel them?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Iud Strings

Unread post by Heather »

Nope. It's standard now for providers to cut the strings very, very short, so you may not be able to feel them.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
gatesy08
not a newbie
Pronouns: she, her
Sexual identity: heterosexual

Unread post by gatesy08 »

So if I loose my period which it seems like that now and I can’t feel my strings what should I do to tell it’s protecting me?
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

There's really nothing to do! You had an ultrasound to confirm that it was inserted and placed properly so you know that part's taken care of. If your doctor talked to you about anything to watch out for, or signs of a problem, you can keep an eye out for those, but there's really nothing else you need to do at this point. The sign that it's protecting you is simply that it's there!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic