Enough time?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
TownHall
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My kindness
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

Enough time?

Unread post by TownHall »

Hey Scarleteen, okay so Thanks to you guys I can say I have safer sex! I always try my best to fall in the perfect use of things and double up on BC. I had sex on March 11th and my bf and I used a condom AND the withdrawal method and I'm pretty sure we fall in the perfect use of method because he pulled out before he finished and the condom was intact after sex(no breaks or rips or tears), did not move at all during sex and overall nothing out of the ordinary happened. But I did not get my period in March. I have no idea where it went. Well Sunday April 1st was 3 weeks after sex and today was 2 weeks after my expected period so I decided to take a pregnancy test. It came out negative but my question is, is that more than enough time to get an accurate result? I know pregnancy tests are 99% accurate and I took 2, followed directions to the T and used first morning urine and also I went to the doctor on Friday March 30th and she also gave me a urines pregnancy test because she wanted to do Ct scans and wanted to make sure I wasn't pregnant and she cleared me of that. I'm not really sure what I should do now?
Also I was on birth control for a bit in February but stopped cause it gave me terrible side effects so my gyno prescribed me a different kind and told me to start it when my period came in March but it never came
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Enough time?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Jess,

As long as pregnancy tests are taken according to the directions about when and how to test, you can assume the results are accurate. You can read about that in more detail here: Peeing on a Stick: All About Pregnancy Tests . Too, it may help to know that periods can be late or go missing for lots of reasons not related to pregnancy. Staring and then stopping birth control can cause changes or irregularity in your cycle, so that could be the cause of the missing period, and you can read about some other potential culprits here: M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic