Sexual dysfunction

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Tbond5741
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My smile
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Her

Sexual dysfunction

Unread post by Tbond5741 »

Did i permanently damage my clitoris? About 2 1/2 years ago i had a large mass of matted hair stuck completely on top of my clit. It was from when i had my period because they are so heavy the hair and blood gets matted. The matted hair stayed in the same spot for about 4 months until 1 night i finally removed it. I tried playing with my self by pressing on the top of the vulva and didnt feel any pleasure. Before the matted hair issue i was able to press on the top of my vulva and my clit was exposed and i was able to stimulate it. Is there some type of surgery or anything that can be done to fix this? This has ruined my sexual health completely.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Sexual dysfunction

Unread post by Heather »

It's unlikely you permanently injured yourself with this, but the only kind of person who can tell you for sure is a healthcare provider. Do you know how to access sexual/reproductive healthcare?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Tbond5741
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My smile
Pronouns: Her

Unread post by Tbond5741 »

No but would an obgyn exam be helpful?
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

It's going to be the most helpful option! An obgyn can examine your vulva and clitoris to see if there's any injury or other physical issue. There's really no way anyone can have a good sense of what the issue might be unless they can do an examination, so seeing a doctor is your best bet.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic