Good or bad lube

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Chimichanga
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/her

Good or bad lube

Unread post by Chimichanga »

Hi!
So I've never bought lube before. Is any lube in a drug store good or are there things I need to consider/ be cautious of when buying lube?Like brands? Or like, what if I'm allergic to some ingredient and I don't know? Is there an unsafe way to use it? There are water based lubes and "heating" lubes and all that jazz. I am very foriegn to all these terms. Should the types be an issue? Is lube an issue?

Thanks!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Good or bad lube

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Chimichanga,

The kinds of lube you'll find at a drug store are going to be safe to use, although if you know you have an allergy to a particular ingredient then you'd need to check the label before buying it to make sure you're safe. If you have sensitive skin, you may also want to steer clear of lubes that contain glycerin or "botanicals" because those substances can irritate sensitive skin.

Since you're new to the world of lube, I suggest checking out this article as a starting point as it breaks down the pros and cons of different types of lube and has lots of other good information about what things to consider when choosing your lube: Lube 101: A Slick Little primer . If you need clarification on anything in that article, we'll be glad to help you out.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic