Feeling Insecure about My Scars

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
TooWorry
not a newbie
Primary language: English

Feeling Insecure about My Scars

Unread post by TooWorry »

Hello,

So just recently I got like a bad ingrown hair bump in my inner thigh that has not been trying to go away. It’s pink & still a little tender & I’ve been treating it to make it go away. I know it’s going to scar & leave a mark & i’m Feeling so insecure about it. I plan on seeing my boyfriend next week & I already know where going to be having sex but I’m nervous to let him see it. I’m nervous he would be creeped out about it. He loves me a lot & I know he’ll still love me the same even with the mark but How can I get the courage to feel better about it & go back to enjoying my sex life with my boyfriend?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Feeling Insecure about My Scars

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Tooworry,

Would it make you more comfortable to let him know ahead of time? For example, you could say something like, "hey, just a heads up that I've got a small mark on thigh and it's still a little tender." Too, would it help you to maybe focus on the fact that this won't change his feelings about you rather than on all the "what ifs?"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic