Another pregnancy dream

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
cyledesma15
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I’m weird
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Another pregnancy dream

Unread post by cyledesma15 »

Last night, I had this weird dream. I was at the store with my little brother and I was looking for the pregnancy tests. I found this box that contained 2 different types of them and I decided to get them only, they were too expensive. Then I was suddenly at this gas station parking lot and there was a sketchy looking trailer. When I got in, there was just a little boy there. When I asked him for the “feminine stuff” he pointed towards the other end of the trailer. When I opened a drawer, it was filled with used pregnancy tests. I went through them and they were all pregnant. I’ve been planning on taking a pregnancy test soon if I didn’t get my period soon this month(which I haven’t so far) and I always feel anxious most of the time. I want this month to be over so that I can take a test already. I just want someone to talk to... :oops:
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Another pregnancy dream

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi cyldesma,

If something is worrying you or occupying a lot of brain space the way pregnancy is for you right now, it's unsurprising that it would turn up in your dreams. But, as you've identified, at this point what you have to do is be patient and take care of yourself until you can take a test.

In your last thread, Heather made some suggestions about adjustments you and your partner can make to your sexual interactions that can help prevent instances like this in the future. Have you had any luck putting those adjustments in place or talking to him about them?
cyledesma15
not a newbie

Sam W wrote:Hi cyldesma,

If something is worrying you or occupying a lot of brain space the way pregnancy is for you right now, it's unsurprising that it would turn up in your dreams. But, as you've identified, at this point what you have to do is be patient and take care of yourself until you can take a test.

In your last thread, Heather made some suggestions about adjustments you and your partner can make to your sexual interactions that can help prevent instances like this in the future. Have you had any luck putting those adjustments in place or talking to him about them?
Yeah, we decided to wait until we both have a place of our own to do anything sexual. Thank you so much!!
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

You're welcome!
cyledesma15
not a newbie

Sam W wrote:You're welcome!
Today I started my period...Despite that I wanted to be pregnant, I didn’t feel anything when I realized that I wasn’t. I thought I would be sad and bawl my eyes out but instead I just felt nothing. Well at least my boyfriend would be happy..
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Feelings around pregnancy, both wanting it and not wanting it, can come out in all sorts of ways. Too, sometimes disappointment can leave you feeling blank more than anything else. So whatever you're feeling is absolutely okay. Do you have some time today that you could set aside to do some self-care for any feelings that do come up?

As I mentioned a few posts above, you and Heather had discussed some actions you and your boyfriend could take to avoid instances like this in the future. Have you had any luck putting those in place?
cyledesma15
not a newbie

Sam W wrote:Feelings around pregnancy, both wanting it and not wanting it, can come out in all sorts of ways. Too, sometimes disappointment can leave you feeling blank more than anything else. So whatever you're feeling is absolutely okay. Do you have some time today that you could set aside to do some self-care for any feelings that do come up?

As I mentioned a few posts above, you and Heather had discussed some actions you and your boyfriend could take to avoid instances like this in the future. Have you had any luck putting those in place?
Yeah, we decided to stop having sex until we have our own place and if we do decide to do it, then he’ll use a condom. What do you mean by “self care”??
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

That sounds like a great boundary for you two to set. Do you feel like it will be an easy boundary to hold, or are you concerned that it may be difficult to hold to it if things start getting hot and heavy between you two?

Self-care basically means taking time to do things that are beneficial for you. It can take lots of different forms and can vary for each person from day to day (for instance, some days self-care is taking a bubble bath while other days it's washing the dishes so that you're no longer stressed out by the mess in the sink). We've got this article that's full of different ways that someone might practice self-care: Self-Care a La Carte
cyledesma15
not a newbie

Sam W wrote:That sounds like a great boundary for you two to set. Do you feel like it will be an easy boundary to hold, or are you concerned that it may be difficult to hold to it if things start getting hot and heavy between you two?

Self-care basically means taking time to do things that are beneficial for you. It can take lots of different forms and can vary for each person from day to day (for instance, some days self-care is taking a bubble bath while other days it's washing the dishes so that you're no longer stressed out by the mess in the sink). We've got this article that's full of different ways that someone might practice self-care: Self-Care a La Carte
I’m pretty sure it won’t be that difficult to do and if it doesn’t, then I’ll just tell him that I feel like I want a baby and that’ll destroy his mood. Thank you so much!!
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

You're welcome! While that technique certainly might startle him, it may also be worthwhile (and less jarring) for you two to talk about what you'll do in those moments ahead of time, so that you can help each other hold onto the boundaries that you've set.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic