Period

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
allie8909
Awesomeness Quotient: Hair
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her

Period

Unread post by allie8909 »

Hi! I have been on birth control for about two years now and I have two pills left before my withdrawal week. Today I have had some dark bleeding that was enough to wear a pantyliner. Is this normal?
Thanks!
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Period

Unread post by Heather »

With things like this, you just want to keep an eye out for patterns. Some spotting now and then is normal, on or off the pill. But if it starts happening more often, or other things that haven't been common for you before start happening, then you may want to call into your sexual healthcare provider to see what they say.

However, if you are or have been sexually active are are NOT current with your STI screenings, especially if you don't also always use condoms, it's a good idea to schedule that screening anyway, but also just to be sure this isn't a symptom of infection.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic