Lovely People, I'm confused about my hymen

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Aliceinpainting
Awesomeness Quotient: I wont get tire of questioning
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Hetersexual

Lovely People, I'm confused about my hymen

Unread post by Aliceinpainting »

There is this meaty thing inside my vagina. But it's not in the middle. It's actually a little bit higher than what is seems on the diagrams. It's not something that covers up a hole, its kind of puffy, there is a hole in it (but is horribly small, almost none) , BUT when I wanted to explore myself a little bit I managed to fit one finger and barely two, my fingers go below that meaty thing through the inside. If that non-visible but when touched discovered place is my vaginal opening then what is the thing above? If that is my hymen covering %50 of the vaginal opening (cutting right in the middle) how do I break it? It feels like crushing some meat, not opening.
Aliceinpainting
Awesomeness Quotient: I wont get tire of questioning
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Hetersexual

Re: Lovely People, I'm confused about my hymen

Unread post by Aliceinpainting »

My description make it seems like it is the urethra, but it too big to be the urethra I guess because it covers up too much area.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Lovely People, I'm confused about my hymen

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Alice,

So, the first thing to know is that the hymen that most people are taught about isn't a thing that exists. Instead there's something called the vaginal corona. You can read about the corona in detail here: My Corona: The Anatomy Formerly Known as the Hymen & the Myths That Surround It . The corona is generally, "1–2 centimeters just inside the vaginal opening, not deep inside the vagina. Every corona looks different – just like ear lobes, noses and labia – and differs in size, color and shape. It consists of thin folds of mucous tissue, which may be tightly or more loosely folded. It is slightly pink, almost transparent, but if it’s thicker it may look a little paler or whitish. It may resemble the petals of a rose or other flower, it may be carnation-shaped, or it may look like a jigsaw piece or a half-moon. In the vast majority of cases, it is elastic and stretchy.

Sometimes, albeit very rarely, the mucous tissue folds may cover the entire vaginal opening. In this case, you may need to see a gynecologist and have the vaginal corona opened to release menstrual blood and enable you to insert a tampon or have intercourse or other insertive sex." Does that description sort of match what you're seeing or feeling when you insert your fingers?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic