Bleeding after 3-4 days of having sex means?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Anxienik
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Patience
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Female

Bleeding after 3-4 days of having sex means?

Unread post by Anxienik »

Hi!
I had sex with my boyfriend during the evening of valentine’s day. He was pretty aggressive and excited. I bled during and after the deed so I think that was my first rough sex. The same night until the next day, I was still bleeding a bit and I can feel the outside of my vagina sore so I thought maybe I was not well lubricated. The evening of 15th, it was already browish blood discharge so I thought maybe it was healing already. Yesterday (16th), I had spotting so I thought maybe it’s still in the process of healing. But today (17th) I peed and I’m really bleeding! It feels like I’m on my period again. I’m freaking out! My last day of period was the 11th. I’m taking birth control pills religiously to regulate my period but sometimes I take it 2-3 hours late than my usual time and on that particular day (14th) I don’t remember what time I took it but I know that I took it the same evening. He also used condoms but I don’t know if any of it failed or got tore because he didn’t say anything! What could be the meaning of this sudden bleeding/period? I’m really anxious and frustrated right now :( please help :(
Anxienik
not a newbie

Re: Bleeding after 3-4 days of having sex means?

UPDATE: He said it didn’t tore at all and he’a confident about the condoms that he used.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

It sounds pretty clearly like what happened here was that you probably were injured. A lack of adequate lubrication as well as someone being rough or aggressive is likely to result in abrasions, which are likely to result in bleeding.

Where are you at with the bleeding today?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Anxienik
not a newbie

Heather wrote:It sounds pretty clearly like what happened here was that you probably were injured. A lack of adequate lubrication as well as someone being rough or aggressive is likely to result in abrasions, which are likely to result in bleeding.

Where are you at with the bleeding today?
During the whole day yesterday, there was almost none. Just a really slight spotting but what I notice is that whenever I hold me pee in for a long time when I’m asleep until I can’t hold it anymore, then when I finally pee and kinda force it all the pee out, when I look at the toilet bowl, there’s blood. Is the wound being opened everytime I do that?
Anxienik
not a newbie

But if I don’t hold in and go whenever nature calls me, there’s none. I’m thinking that maybe because of the force I use that the wound is being opened
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

You don’t urinate through the vaginal opening, but through the urinary opening (which is nearby, but a totally different place), so no, what you’re thinking isn’t sound.

However, I’m concerned about a possible infection for you with what you’re now describing, like a urinary tract or kidney infection. Do you have access to general healthcare?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Anxienik
not a newbie

Hi! Yes I know it’s a different “hole” but maybe I thought that because of the pressure I put, the vagina also feels pressure.
Today I didn’t bleed at all—no spotting either. I feel a bit relieved. We never done it again because I told him my worries and he understands it.
I have access to general healthcare but I did had UTI when I was in college. Do you think it has something to do with that? Thank you!
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

Having had a UTI in the past isn't necessarily related to what you're experiencing now (although some people can be more prone to UTIs than others), but since what you're describing does sound like it could be related to an infection, it's a good idea to check in with a doctor about it. If untreated, a urinary tract infection can cause more serious issues, so it's important to have someone take a look to make sure that isn't the issue.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic