The risks

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Xkaeex
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm open-minded
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Female

The risks

Unread post by Xkaeex »

Hello, I'm pretty new to this & I'm kinda ignorant when it come to sex education well I'm kinda scare I had protected sex, but oral sex wasn't protected and I'm asking because it may help me calm down a bit till I get tested & my question what are the chances of getting something from oral & my next question is if you don't have sex like no contact with part, but fingering was involved & other things does std or sperm died outside the body ??
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: The risks

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Xkaeex,

This article is a great place to start answering all those questions, because it covers what kind of activities do (and do not) pose a risk of STIs: Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

Since it sounds like you're very concerned about the possibility of contracting an STI, can I ask why you and your partner decided to not use a condom for oral sex?
Xkaeex

Unread post by Xkaeex »

Thanks I'll read that article & the reason I didn't use a condom for oral sex is I'm very ignorant & didn't think you could pass things on with split tbh & plus I recently became sexually active & all I know is use condom to protect against std now my anxiety is making me upset & I make a situation into something big and I'm trying to education myself on sex.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

It's great that you're taking the time to educate yourself. :) Do you need any help finding a healthcare provider to go to for STI testing?
Xkaeex

Unread post by Xkaeex »

Thanks (: & I read the article calm me down a lot and I leaned something and yes please I would like some information on a healthcare provider for a STI testing
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

If you have a regular doctor you see for checkups, you could ask if they have STI testing services. A clinic like Planned Parenthood, if there's one near you, will offer them, and if you do a search for a community health clinic + your zipcode you may find other options. Also, if you're enrolled in college, many college health centers offer STI testing as well.
Xkaeex

Unread post by Xkaeex »

Thanks again & is there a article on here on practicing safe sex? Like oral & anal, & pretty much everything else.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

We have a few different guides for this, the newest of which is this one: All the Barriers! All the Time! :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic