Help with anxiety

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Corrie199689
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Dunno
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She

Help with anxiety

Unread post by Corrie199689 »

Hi, so as you have probably seen I have a lot of issues with the fear of pregnancy

I was just wondering if you think it's a good coping mechanism if I tell myself "you wouldn't get pregnant that way if you were single" to stop me freaking out about getting pregnant from a toilet seat or from sperm on a toilet paper because that isn't possible right?

There are only two ways to get pregnant
From direct genital to genital touching
Or from someone with a penis ejaculating onto a vulva

Correct?

Many thanks!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Help with anxiety

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Corrie,

The best way to decrease extreme anxiety around pregnancy is to figure out what is behind those fears and work on address that issue. This article is a great place to start exploring the reasons behind your fears: You're Not Pregnant. Why Do You think You Are? .Too, if the pregnancy fears are part of a larger pattern of anxiety, then you should also seek out support for that anxiety. If that's something you're interested in, we can help you find some resources for addressing your anxiety.

The other thing that is very helpful when dealing with hard to shake fears is to break the pattern of reassurance seeking. Seeking reassurance from us or other sources may feel like it will make you feel better, but it only provides temporary relief and keeps you stuck in the anxiety brain loop instead.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic