Birth control and gym

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Caoix
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My hair
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Cao
Sexual identity: Female

Birth control and gym

Unread post by Caoix »

Hey I just previously asked a question about birth control and condoms that I can’t afford to put on weight with birth control ( side effects ) but right now I feel like it’s the option as been my first time i honestly don’t feel safe with condoms . As I’m a boxer I spend 3/4 days training in the gym by any chance would this help keep my weight down or would hormones over power ? And if I was to try the pill out and weighed myself daily and noticed weight gain and immediately stopped taken the pill would these side effects stop? Thanks so much for the help
Jacob
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They

Re: Birth control and gym

Unread post by Jacob »

Hi Caoix!

Honestly, it would be hard to predict what exact side effects your choice of birth control would have on you.

The benefit of pills would be that you could stop them quite easily if you weren't happy with them or if they were doing stuff to your weight that doesn't suit your sporting career.

There is also the option of investigating other methods... (As I understand it, the IUD acts more locally to prevent pregnancy from within your uterus, so big hormonal effects on the rest of your body are less likely)

Check out Birth Control Bingo!
"In between two tall mountains there's a place they call lonesome.
Don't see why they call it lonesome.
I'm never lonesome when I go there." Connie Converse - Talkin' Like You
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic