Is this Rape?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Nakyiat
Awesomeness Quotient: I don’t know
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her

Is this Rape?

Unread post by Nakyiat »

One night i had been hanging out with a friend and he had constantly asked me to have sex i had kept telling him no and he always asked why but i kept saying i didn’t want to even after i said this multiple times he kept asking i then finally said yes just so he would stop does this count as rape or am i exaggerating
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Is this Rape?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Nakyiat,

It looks like you asked this question on text and I answered it there as well, but since the boards are a better place to have this conversation, I'll reiterate my answer here: yes, this would be considered sexual assault because he would not take no for an answer and continued to pressure you until he got what he wanted. That's an incredibly awful thing for someone who is supposed to be your friend to do, and I'm so sorry he did that to you.

Is there a specific way we can support you while you process what happened? We can offer advice and resources if they'd be helpful, or we can make this a space for you to work through how you're feeling about all this.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic