Period question

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Hellothere12
Awesomeness Quotient: I like to draw
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She her
Sexual identity: Straight

Period question

Unread post by Hellothere12 »

Hi Scarleteen I really need your help, I took four pregnancy tests on December 25, (22 days after accidentally touching my roommates toy and later touching down there) and they all came negative, but yesterday I only had my period for a day and it was very light almost like spotting. Is this normal and we’re those tests accuarate?? Thought I had pms symptoms because my boobs were sore and had cramps for Like four or maybe more days, but now my boobs aren’t as sore. I also usually get my period at the end of the month, but I’ve been super anxious and kind of sick the past month too because my anxiety makes me gag and spit up.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Period question

Unread post by Heather »

If you took the tests according to their direction, you can be confident their results were accurate. Ad since it doesn't sound like you did anything that actually poses any risk of pregnancy in the first place, your negative results are what we'd expect.

Sometimes periods change, and sometimes you can even skip one, or just spot a bit like you did and that's it. Periods sometimes also can come and go, like having some flow one day, none the next, and then some again the next day. Not managing stress -- including anxiety -- well can also do some wonky things to periods sometimes. You'll just have to see what happens here and recognize bodies are often weird and unpredictable. :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Hellothere12

Thank you so much! I think what got to me was going on the internet and reading stuff and then thinking that it could be like...implantation bleeding or something despite its way past that...and so this means that my period will at some point come, and even skipping is normal ?

Also I was wondering if there was a source on here for anxiety/coping with stress..since this incident all I️ could focus on is this stress..
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

We actually have a whole page we made with good anxiety resources. It's right here: Anxiety and Other Mental Health Resources.

I see no rational reason to think your period/withdrawal bleed won't show up again. But at this point, given our policy on pregnancy scares, I need to step out of this kind of discussion before it becomes that.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Hellothere12

Thank you for all of your help!
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

Sure thing. :)
Hellothere12

Hi Scarleteen again, I just wanted to ask (in regards to the same part of the first part of this question) but because of the stress and constant anxiety this month, is it normal to have a reddish brownish color to the light flow? Or is it something i should worry about (still had some brownish streaks today when i wiped but yesterday i had to wear a pad so it wouldn’t get on more of my underwear was still light flow though )
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic