Brand changing

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
summergirlxo
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: kindness
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she
Sexual identity: girl

Brand changing

Unread post by summergirlxo »

Hi! I am currently on the first week of my birth control (junel fe) ... about to go into my second week. Because of extreme bloating I am switching from one brand to the other (to pimtrea) Can i now take the new brand without any trouble...taking it the next day as I would with my old birth control even though they are different brands??
Jacob
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They

Re: Brand changing

Unread post by Jacob »

Ok, so this is a bit beyond my medical knowledge be able to say yes or no with full confidence. Looking up the drugs now I can see the active pills have different chemical names "Desog-E.Estradiol" and "Norethindrone-E.Estradiol" meaning the content is not the same.

I don't have the knowledge to know what it means if you switch mid-cycle, so if you want to be sure I would ask a doctor or finish your current pack before starting the new one, and/or use a second method.

Using a second method is a good idea all the time actually, if you're worried about pregnancy risk. See: The Buddy System: Effectiveness Rates for Backing Up Your Birth Control With a Second Method
"In between two tall mountains there's a place they call lonesome.
Don't see why they call it lonesome.
I'm never lonesome when I go there." Connie Converse - Talkin' Like You
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic