Missed periods

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Aniee22
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/her

Missed periods

Unread post by Aniee22 »

My periods are already 2 weeks late. I last had sex in the month of September but i have got my periods for September and october as well. But on September i took two emergency contraceptive pills. I dont know whats wrong. Is it something to worry about?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Missed periods

Unread post by Heather »

Every now and then in life you're going to have a late period, and sometimes even skip on entirely: that's just something common with menstrual periods.

Given what you've said here, unless you have any reason to think you may be missing a period because of a health problem you need help with or treatment for -- like an eating disorder, for instance -- no, I see no cause for concern from just one late period that obviously isn't late due to pregnancy.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Aniee22
not a newbie

Unread post by Aniee22 »

Thank you so much Heather. I hope there is nothing to worry about. My periods for the month of September and October lasted for 4 days which i guess was due to the emergency contraceptive as usually i had 6-7 days of periods.
Aniee22
not a newbie

Unread post by Aniee22 »

I am really stressed thinking whats wrong. Last two months periods were for just 4 days. I dont know what to do
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Aniee,

I'm sorry you're feeling stressed out by this. Something we recommended for users who are stressed is to pick some ideas from this article on self-care and try them out:
Self-Care a La Carte

Too, it may help you to look at this article to see if you can identify what the underlying reason for your stress might be. When we understand where our stress is coming from, it can be easier to manage it: You're Not Pregnant. Why Do You think You Are?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic