Internal Condoms

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
OhHeckDatGurl
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I make GoodWill clothes look sexy.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Internal Condoms

Unread post by OhHeckDatGurl »

Hi Guys!

I was so excited last night to try female condoms with my boyfriend... and... it was a mega-fail. We'd put the condom in as deep as it could go but the ring kept slipping out. (I've never fared well with things inside me, unless it's sexual... I tried the ring birth control before, which this reminded me of, but the reason I got off that was it kept slipping out/pressing against my pubic bone painfully. I use the implant now.) We'd put it inside, take time to get aroused again, and then... my vagina was pushing the ring out. When my boyfriend tried to help me put it in as deep as it could go, it was never painful, but very uncomfortable at times. When I decided to take the ring out, my vagina just decided to push the whole condom out altogether.

We had a good laugh about it together--it was kinda funny--but my question is: what were we doing wrong? Is there a better way to use them? Are they just not "for me"? I was really excited to use them! Please help. Thank you. :)
Jacob
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They

Re: Internal Condoms

Unread post by Jacob »

You know, if it ended in laughing, you were doing something right.

It maybe that it doesn't particularly work for you, but I don't think you could do much harm by trying a couple more times to see if you find a knack. It sounds like you were inserting it as instructed by the packaging. The ring is evidently needed to avoid the scenario you experienced when it wasn't present but as per making it more comfortable, this would be very individual.

I do aplaud you for trying a new method though, when things are less common there can be more of a learning curve but it sounds like you have a great attitude for working out what really are the best methods for you.
"In between two tall mountains there's a place they call lonesome.
Don't see why they call it lonesome.
I'm never lonesome when I go there." Connie Converse - Talkin' Like You
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic