Cramps after orgasm?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Jellowl
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm very chill and happy
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Cramps after orgasm?

Unread post by Jellowl »

This is the first time this has happened to me, so it's quite odd. While I was masturbating, I felt a slight cramp -almost like a period crap- start to build up as I continued touching myself. When I came, it was a REALLY intense orgasm and felt really good; It's never been that strong before. Seconds after I felt a strong period-like cramp that lasted maybe about 15 seconds then was gone (kinda ruined the orgasm a little bit :x ). My period isnt due for another 3 weeks so I didn't expect any cramping to happen this soon. Does this sound abnormal?

Side notes;
-I am currently taking meds for a UTI that I got on Monday; UTI seems to be getting better
-I take BC pills everynight on time; no missed dose
-I had sex with my boyfriend last week on the last day of placebo pill week; only methods of protection include the pill and withdrawl (I mention this to rule out any chance of pregnancy fears)

Recap; is this cramping abnormal?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Cramps after orgasm?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Jellowl,

It sounds like you're describing uterine contractions, which are a standard part of sexual orgasm and response for many people, so this is probably not cause for concern.
Jellowl
not a newbie

Unread post by Jellowl »

Hoof, that's good. Thanks :)

But now, I've got a different problem; turns out my UTI wasn't actually a UTI and now I have to go back in to have a vaginal exam along with a few more tests. (A blood test in particular; I am TERRIFIED of needles :( )

Also, for some reason one of my nipples is quite sore for no reason. The whole breast isn't sore, just the nipple. There isn't any sign of infection, puffy skin of discharge so I'm not quite sure what to think. If I were to apply pressure by pinching slightly, it's an uncomfortable feeling (like an underskin zit if you will?). Any idea as to what can cause this or if it should be a worry?

Either way, if it won't go by the time I see my doctor, I'll ask them to take a look at it.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

You know, my impression of you from some of your posts is that you're someone who is perhaps extra sensitive when it comes to observing how your body feels and to changes with your body that other people -- who aren't quite so observant or sensitive -- might not notice.

There are a lot of boons to being like that, but I think one downside can be that it can be easy to worry things are wrong when things are...well, just things. For instance, sometimes nipples are going to feel sensitive or sore, just by virtue of being nipples, connected to so very many glands, and also made of sensitive tissue.

I don't hear any cause for concern, but like you said, you can ask about it if it persists when you go back in for the blood draw you're getting. But in the meantime, you might just want to do yourself a solid, bear in mind your extra-observant nature, and figure that more times than not, things you feel or notice probably aren't signs of illness or injury so much as signs of just being alive in a body. :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Jellowl
not a newbie

Unread post by Jellowl »

In truth, yes, I am a very worried person by nature. I am always scared about something being wrong with me that I overthink myself into a little panic. I cannot remember a time where I haven't been overthinking something; this includeds health issues, what people think of me and some very unlikely scenarios. It's a little frustrating at times because I know I shouldn't be so anxious all the time, yet sometimes it gets the better of me :(

Maybe it's caused by my OCD? I'm not quite sure. But either way I will continue to try my best in worrying less and to have a peace of mind. Thanks for listening and helping my out by answering questions. Your responses do help to put my frantic mind at ease :)
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

Do you have a doctor or therapist you are getting help for your OCD from? This is something you may want to talk to your healthcare team about to see if they have thoughts on how you can handle these fears when they arise. In fact, since you have an upcoming appointment, you have a great opportunity to bring it up soon! Even if that's not what your approintment is specifically about, it's always ok to ask questions about other health concerns you have while you're there with your doctor.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic