Physical contact

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Spiderman23
not a newbie
Pronouns: She

Physical contact

Unread post by Spiderman23 »

Hi,

I really need some advice! I just had my second meetup with a guy and I started to overthink everything about me and him and what could or might not happen. We were sitting watching tv and he was very close to me, he wasn't doing anything sexually. His hand was by arm and he was lightly stroking it. I don't know if it's because of a previous relationship I have had that was really bad but I'm beginning to think physical contact makes me uncomfortable? Because I had no idea what to do. Btw I do suffer from anxiety so I don't know if I'm creating something that's not there if that makes sense
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Physical contact

Unread post by Heather »

Well, how did you feel about it?

Was it something you'd rather he ask first about? Did it even feel good, like something you wanted, or not? What did you WANT to do?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Spiderman23
not a newbie
Pronouns: She

Unread post by Spiderman23 »

I just felt a bit uncomfortable with the closeness as I'm an independent person and haven't had much experience with guys so I just panicked a bit. I did think it was soothing but I didn't allow myself to enjoy it which I think is because I had a bad relationship beginning of this year with a guy who just made me feel uncomfortable with things he said and did and I think his action just reminded me of my ex and I think that's why I got lost in thought
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Okay.

So, since it sounds like you liked how it felt, what would you like to have done in response that you felt unable to?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic