Asking for a different opinion

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
jnjn
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Life is like a highway, over take then take over.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/him
Sexual identity: Worried

Asking for a different opinion

Unread post by jnjn »

As I’ve check with heathline.com and americanpregnancy.org, they said that when you’re pregnant, you don’t get periods anymore. However, various forms of bleeding can occur, but not the same as period and they also said that if you’re filling pads or tampons, it’s a good indication you’re not pregnant. HOWEVER AGAIN, some blogs or websites claim that you can have periods while pregnant and I think it would be confusing for a lot. Even healthline.com said that it should’ve been a clear cut that when you’re pregnant, no more periods but certain blogs flame the question as well. So, what’s your side about this?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Asking for a different opinion

Unread post by Heather »

Any and all kinds of vaginal or uterine bleeding are not a menstrual period, which is specifically the sloughing off of the uterine lining, which is needed to sustain a pregnancy, and generally only occurs when, and because, someone is not already pregnant.

A lot of the time, the inconsistency here is that some people use the term period to describe all kinds of vaginal or uterine bleeding, which is incorrect.

Just FYI, the American Pregnancy Organization you linked to is a hidden antichoice organization. More here, if you like: http://www.scarleteen.com/blog/heather_ ... on_on_cpcs Because of that, not only do we strongly discourage anyone from using them because we support people's rights, but their information is always going to lack credibility, because they already do publish false or misleading information about abortion, a medical service.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
jnjn
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Life is like a highway, over take then take over.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/him
Sexual identity: Worried

Unread post by jnjn »

So to make the long story short, you can’t have menstruation if you’re pregnant? I mean, the normal period. The normal flow and normal days it would end.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

We have addressed this for you - including setting limits around it - previously. And if this is related to your recent pregnancy scare, which it sounds like it is, please remember and respect our set limits and boundaries with that.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Locked Previous topicNext topic