Missed the first pill of the pack...worried

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
belosnezhka
not a newbie
Primary language: portuguese

Missed the first pill of the pack...worried

Unread post by belosnezhka »

I had anal sex with my boyfriend and for the first time I've let him come inside me. I'm on birth control and I've been taking the pills correctly for the last two weeks, so I thought "no problem", but today when I took the pill I noticed I had one pill yet left to take(I was taking the "sunday" pill while today is monday)...and I remembered I had forgotten the very first pill of this pack and took one the day after,but I probably forgot to take TWO pills at once. I'm afraid semen has leaked from my butt and reached my vagina and that this pill I missed two weeks ago will put me at risk of pregnancy!!
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Missed the first pill of the pack...worried

Unread post by Mo »

Most birth control pills are fully effective (either when starting them for the first time, or after a missed/late pill) after seven days of proper use; if that's the case for your particular pill, then by the time you had sex, two weeks had passed and you'd be back to the regular level of protection.
The informational insert that comes with your pill pack will let you know if that's true for your brand in particular; if you don't have the insert any longer, most brands have that info online or you can give a call to your doctor or pharmacy to check.
belosnezhka
not a newbie
Primary language: portuguese

Re: Missed the first pill of the pack...worried

Unread post by belosnezhka »

Thank you!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic