Associating Foreplay with Bad Feelings?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
krakrak
Pronouns: She/her

Associating Foreplay with Bad Feelings?

Unread post by krakrak »

A couple months ago, my boyfriend at the time cheated on me by making out and fingering another girl at a party I was at with him. Before they did, they were playing with their feet and then proceeded to do that.

While I'm kinda getting better, I can't play with someone else's feet or let someone touch me cause it immediately reminds me of what happened and makes me intensely sad. I really don't want to be hung up on what happened forever, so I want to know how to stop associating this sort of foreplay with what happened. How can I feel better?

Thank you for any replies
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Associating Foreplay with Bad Feelings?

Unread post by Heather »

I'm sorry this happened to you.

What do you think about just letting this play out? In other words, why not just figure when the time is right and you have moved past this more, you probably won't have such a strong association? After all, a couple months really isn't forever. :)

Is this a kind of sexual play you're otherwise really into and so really miss? Or is it something you can just wait out?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
krakrak
Pronouns: She/her

Unread post by krakrak »

I think I can wait it out to feel better. I definitely can live without it. Thank you for the advice
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Unread post by Redskies »

Would you like any help or support in dealing with the sad feelings or other feelings you have around this? Like Heather said, a lot of it is likely about time; but we're also happy to talk with you about any of it if you feel like having somewhere to talk and process, and someone to listen, would be helpful to you.
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic