Cycle lengths and ovulation

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
hannah1007
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My love for animals
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Cycle lengths and ovulation

Unread post by hannah1007 »

Ok I know you guys don't answer silly "am I pregnant" scenarios, but I genuinely just want someone else's opinion on this. Online forums and calendars always confuse me because I have always had a longer cycle than the usual 28 days. I have been tracking and logging my periods for over 6 years now so I know my body pretty well. Yesterday, I was on day 13 of day 30-32 (it varies every month). I am at the beginning of my fertile window. My fiancé and I had unprotected sex and he pulled out just in time, a bit later than usual. We are not really worried about pregnancy at this point, we wouldn't mind if it happened, I'd just like to know what you all think about the probability of it happening on this certain cycle day, if a tiny bit of semen managed to get on or in me. Thanks!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Cycle lengths and ovulation

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi hannah,

If you've been tracking your cycle with something like FAM and you're entering or in your ovulation phase, that would be the time you're considered to be your most fertile (even though pregnancy can occur at any point during a cycle). But, as you can read in this article, pregnancy has more to do with the activity engaged in than with ovulation: Let's Dial Down Some (Maybe) Ovulation Freakouts
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic