Feeling less

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Spiderman23
not a newbie
Pronouns: She

Feeling less

Unread post by Spiderman23 »

I have this fear that people will think less of me because I haven't had sex yet. I think people judge if you're a virgin, I'm still a virgin at 19 which is pretty bad. I know people always tell me it doesn't matter but I'm such an anxious person and if people were to know, I think they'd judge me for it. I have this fear of getting pregnant even when on the pill and using condoms too
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Feeling less

Unread post by Heather »

It sounds like there are a few areas where you're experiencing a lot of anxiety, now, and you also have been describing yourself as an anxious person.

Have you ever gotten any mental health help with anxiety? If so, what's that been like? Are you still getting it? Are you talking about any of these issues with your mental healthcare provider? What do they have to say?

If not, might that be something you would be open to exploring?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Spiderman23
not a newbie

I am still receiving it but I'm scared to tell them that this is bothering me, as I feel it's a bit of an overshare.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

If it helps, people like counselors and therapists often want their clients to "overshare" because it helps them understand what's going on. Too, therapy is meant to be a space for you to talk about what you need to talk about, so oversharing isn't really a thing that can happen.

If you haven't looked at it before, this article has a lot information on how to work with a mental healthcare provider in way that gets you what you need: Process This: Getting the Most Out of Therapy
Spiderman23
not a newbie

Thank you so much for listening, you're totally right. I just hate being centre of attention and I feel like I'm overloading the therapist about my problems but I know that's what they're there for.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

You're welcome :) It can take some getting used to, but the more you open up, the you're likely to get out of talking to them.
Spiderman23
not a newbie

You're right, thank you :) I do appreciate it!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic