Testing

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
gatesy08
not a newbie
Pronouns: she, her
Sexual identity: heterosexual

Testing

Unread post by gatesy08 »

Hello,

I was worried about pregnancy this past month. I did have a withdrawal bleed, just very light, brown and pink for 3 days.

I am 3 days into my new pack and decided to take a pregnancy test anyways. It was negative. Did I wait long enough to take the test? I know there was SOME bleeding during my inactive week...I just got super paranoid so I thought just take a test.

P.s. my bf and I are now completely using condoms with the pill because I no longer feel comfortable with the withdrawal method!

Thanks for your ongoing support.
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Re: Testing

Unread post by Eddie C »

Hello there, gatesy.

As long as you followed the instructions of the test you took (they vary from brand to brand) you can trust its results.

And kudos to you for adding a back up method besides your pill. I hope it helps you to ease the anxiety. :)
gatesy08
not a newbie
Pronouns: she, her
Sexual identity: heterosexual

Unread post by gatesy08 »

Ok, thank you. Do you have any tips on trusting that more? My mind is still spiraling thinking it was wrong, the what ifs. etc. I'm still worried.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

It sounds like this article might be helpful right about now: You're Not Pregnant. Why Do You think You Are? . It might give you some insight into the source of those "what ifs."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic