Relationships

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Lilly000
Awesomeness Quotient: I am positive and outgoing
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: straight

Relationships

Unread post by Lilly000 »

Hi
I am 17 and currently studying abroad as an international student. My friend told me to get a tinder because he thought it would be fun so I did. Only I ended up meeting some guys Im really attracted to and actually want to meet. I met one and he wants me to be his sex partner. While I understand this is not a good idea especially since he is 24, part of me still wants to do it and I don't know why. I find I'm only really attracted to men that are older then me and that are adults. I know having a friends with benefits or someone much older than me as my boyfriend is socially frowned upon but in the back of my mind I still want these things. I am mature for my age and I want to find out more about myself and talk to men not boys. But I am still confused and unsure of what to do.
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Relationships

Unread post by Karyn »

Seven years is a pretty significant age difference. Particularly for people in their late teens/early twenties, those years mean a big difference in life experience and, often, maturity, no matter how mature you might be. It's possible that this could work out well and be a good experience for you, but I really encourage you to exercise a lot of caution here. We have a piece that touches on age-disparate romantic and/or sexual relationships that might be some food for thought for you as well: Why I Deeply Dislike Your Older Boyfriend
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic