Is/Was my plan good enough?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Quinn XCII
Awesomeness Quotient: I can climax whenever I want.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Him
Sexual identity: Straight

Is/Was my plan good enough?

Unread post by Quinn XCII »

Every time I have sex, I have 3 methods of contraception: Male condom, Spermicide, and Pulling out/Withdrawal. :idea:

However, I recently had sex more than 3 times in one day. I did not urinate between sessions, and while let my penis touch her vagina I did not let it go in until the next new condom was completely on. I also cleaned off my penis right after each session, but not with any water, just a small towel and about an hour to rest between each session. I also checked to see if the condoms were broken after all three sessions, none of them showed any signs of leaks or tears.

Should I be worried? Even if I couldn't clean off all the sperm off my penis, would there still be any amount of Spermicide to possibly deal with that? :?:

I haven't seen any specific topics which use my specific technique for contraception. And if there is, I certainly couldn't find it. I'm brand new to this site.
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Re: Is/Was my plan good enough?

Unread post by Eddie C »

Hello there, Quinn. Welcome to Scarleteen. :)

Here is a great article about backing up your contraception method(s).

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/sexua ... ol_with_a_

I hope you find this link helpful. :)
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Is/Was my plan good enough?

Unread post by Karyn »

Just adding a bit to what Edith said, if you're finding that even with three methods of contraception you still have some anxiety about pregnancy, then you may want to think about whether you're comfortable having the kinds of sex that can pose that risk (however small it is). For the record, too, three methods of birth control really don't offer any more protection than two effective methods used properly.
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic