Unprotected Sex & Missed BC Pill?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
FeelingAnxious
Pronouns: She/her

Unprotected Sex & Missed BC Pill?

Unread post by FeelingAnxious »

Hi. So for the past 6 or so months, I have been taking a 28-cycle combination birth control pill, without fail. This past month, my boyfriend and I have been having unprotected sex (without pulling out). This Tuesday, I missed taking my last active pill (the pill before placebo week); I took it when I remembered on Wednesday night, maybe 22 hours late. The last time we had unprotected sex was Monday (he tried to pull out, but some semen still got in). I decided to wait nervously for my period, which typically should come in the next few days. However (like the apparent idiot I am), today (Friday) we had sex again, with a condom.... which broke. I am on my third placebo pill, though recall that Wednesday I took my missed active pill. Therefore, I am on my second hormone-free day, if you will. Anyways, I was desperately looking into if anyone had any useful insight? What is the likelihood that I am pregnant? Should I buy Plan B tomorrow or wait it out? Thank you!!
Danny S.
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm a dog parent :)
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Unprotected Sex & Missed BC Pill?

Unread post by Danny S. »

Hi there, welcome to the boards :)
This sounds like something to keep an eye on, but nothing to freak out about. Here are a couple links that should help you feel a little better:
If I miss pills, will I get pregnant?
Have a Little Faith in BC
Take a look at those and let me know if you're interested in information about pregnancy tests or alternative birth control options. Remember that even if you're on birth control, especially if you've missed a pill, it's always a good idea to back it up with a second method of contraception like internal or external condoms!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic