Pelvic Pain??

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Lateralus
Awesomeness Quotient: I play bass in a band called Pythonic
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

Pelvic Pain??

Unread post by Lateralus »

Okay so; I am a sexually active female and I have been having some aches in the left side of my body ever since one specific intercourse session. These aches never happened before, and it didn't hurt during the act, but afterward I had some pretty harsh back pain and achiness all along the left side of my hips/pelvis. Ever since then, I've had the same type of achiness after sex; and recently I've been feeling the same way even without having sex. My period was also a lot later this month than usual (I'm either 2-3 days early or late, but this time I was almost a week late). Is this normal? Is this a symptom of something serious? I'm super paranoid about ectopic pregnancy, ovarian cysts, etc; but I also feel like this could be one of those situations where I've thought about it so much that I've tricked my brain into thinking that I might actually have one of these things
Thank you,
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Re: Pelvic Pain??

Unread post by Eddie C »

Hello there, Lateralus. Welcome to Scarleteen. :)

If you are having unusual pain and it is bothering you for several days is always good to check in with a health care provider in person. When we are sexually active this is something that we need to do anyway, and is better to do it sooner rather than later.

Do you need any help finding these services? If so we will be more than happy to help you get connected. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic