The dream girl

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
PMV2003
Awesomeness Quotient: I occasionally tame dragons
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: heterosexual

The dream girl

Unread post by PMV2003 »

Im 13 and I'm worried about my love life
So there's this girl in my year at school (we're actually good friends) and I genuinely fell in love with her when we first met, she's amazing. She's cute, funny, great to be around and she just seems so perfect,, however, at our school there's a bit of a dysfunctional threesome , I like her, she likes my mate and my mate doesn't like her, I could tell her how I feel, but I think she's too fixated on my friend, I could move on, yet im too fixated on her. I think she's my perfect match, I even start feeling weird whenever i think about her, so as I said, I could move on , but she's by far better than any other girl i've met, what should i do?
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Re: The dream girl

Unread post by Redskies »

Welcome to the boards!

That situation with the three of you does sound challenging. It's always hard when we like someone who doesn't seem to like us in the same way back, especially when there are friendships involved as well.

Telling her how you feel and trying to move on are both options that you could take. Which do you think you would feel better about? For each of those things, what are you hoping will happen, and what do you think is likely to happen?
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
PMV2003
Awesomeness Quotient: I occasionally tame dragons
Sexual identity: heterosexual

Unread post by PMV2003 »

Thanks for the help, I really needed it, however, im extremely nervous about these things, I would probably have a nervous breakdown, plus, my other friends (we're in a group of around 7-8 people) are basically the kind of people who will find any reason to mock others, they might think im soft or weird, I just think I would end up feeling worse if I said anything, the last thing I need is to be embarrassed and mocked.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Then it sounds like your preference is to try to move on, if you really don' feel like you could tell her you like her. If that's the case, do you have any sense of the steps you'd have to take to do that?

As a side note, I'd offer up the thought that friend group that would mock you for showing emotion or vulnerability (or, really, who would mock anyone for that) may not be the best friend group for you. One of the benefits of having friends is having people who don't make fun of you for having human emotions.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic