Birth control

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
britt888

Birth control

Unread post by britt888 »

Hi guys!

My fiancé and I had intercourse February 13th (with the pullout method and we have both been checked for STD's). I'm on the birth control pill and have been for about 3 years now. I had taken all of my pills prior to having intercourse on Feb. 13th and my pills following (at roughly the same time every night). I'm in my third week of this pack and I normally take my pills at about 9:30 every night. Well tonight I fell asleep early and woke up, my pill for today is no longer in my pack but I don't remember taking it.. I guess I was still half asleep.. I don't think I could become pregnant from the intercourse I had on the 13th because it has been a while since then but I have an extra pack of pills.. Would it hurt for me to take an extra pill just in case I did not take tonight's pill? Then take Friday's on my normal schedule?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Birth control

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Britt,

You have a 12 hour window before a pill is even considered late (since the pill was missing, it sounds like you took it). If you determine your pill was late or missing, consult the directions that came with your pill for what to do (if you can't find a hard copy, you can find them online). If you're still feeling anxious, you can back up with condoms, which will have you covered in case there was an issue with the pill.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic