Spotting Before Sugar Week

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
loveyoruxx
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: eyes
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she her
Sexual identity: bisexual

Spotting Before Sugar Week

Unread post by loveyoruxx »

So I take my pill everyday around the same time and I rarely ever take it late and I never have missed one. I noticed that I had spotting before my sugar week and that I should have gotten some spotting today since I am taking the sugar pills now. With vaginal and anal sex that I have, my boyfriend always pulls out and NEVER cums inside of me. With vaginal sex we use a condom always. With anal sex we use a condom sometimes. But with anal sometimes his penis will slip out and brush up against my vagina but never go inside. Does this mean anything? I feel as though I have very protected and don't have to worry about pregnancy I just don't understand the spotting before the sugar week. I will also say that when I started taking the pill, ny spotting was heavy but now it is very very light.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Spotting Before Sugar Week

Unread post by Heather »

Spotting is one of the most common side effects of hormonal methods of birth control, so it's to be expected.

Just FYI, if you are engaging in anal sex, it's important to avoid having any penis to vulva or vagina contact without a new condom. Otherwise, your risk of bacterial infections is high.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic