Bleeding!! Freaking out

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Rainbowhooves
not a newbie

Bleeding!! Freaking out

Unread post by Rainbowhooves »

The condom broke on the 13th of this month and I took plan b about 20 minutes later . I had my period on the 21st as expected and it lasted about three days. I then had spotting about 2 days later, light. I then started birth control on the 24th and stopped taking them all together by the 3rd day because I had diarrhea . I am 22 (almost 23 ) year old and never had this happen .

Yesterday I went to the bathroom and found I was bleeding like I was starting my period. I had light cramps. I kept changing the tissue. This morning I woke up and went to the bathroom and a bunch of blood came out like I had urinated it out . It filled the toilet. It was like a heavy period. I'm having heavier but not bad cramps

I'm freaking out . I really cant take anymore. I've been having so many health issues with my digestive system as well as getting kicked out of college. I'm trying to finish one last class before I do over the summer and it starts tomorrow. I really need to focus! I'm on the verge of tears and my boyfriend doesnt know what to do. I dont have a GYN and cant get into one for a while. I dont know if I should go to the emergency room . I hate being judged .

I've already spoken to my boyfriend and we have decided to not have sex for a couple of months until my period can get back on track and then we will decide to do then.

I dont have many girlfriends so I dont have much to talk to about this as all my guyfriends cant experience this. I cant talk to my mom or sister about this PLEASE HELP ME I FEEL LIKE IM GOING TO DIE FROM ANXIETY
Rainbowhooves
not a newbie

Re: Bleeding!! Freaking out

I forgot to add that I had sex again on the 19th with a condom that did not break
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

You won't die of anxiety, I swear. It can feel like that, but if you can learn how to manage it and dial it down, it'll feel less and less like that. have you ever sought out any counseling or other help for managing anxiety?

Can you give me an idea of how much bleeding this has been per filling tampons or pads? More, less or the same as you tend to see with a period? If it's less or around the same as with a period, there's no need to talk about getting to the ER.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Rainbowhooves
not a newbie

It's more then a period. It just keeps coming down non stop.

My boyfriend is driving down to take me to the ER.

I'm so scared right now. What could this be?
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

We just couldn't possibly say, but by all means, if you feel this may warrant an ER visit and can get there, then that's the right thing to do.

Btw, don't worry about judgment there. The fact that young people are sexually active isn't news to healthcare workers, nor something most are likely to judge. Their concern is your health, not your behaviour.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Rainbowhooves
not a newbie

An update for anyone who wants one,
They did a pregnancy test (negative) and told me this is the due to hormonal imbalance and there is nothing they can do and gave me supplements so I dont get anemia.

I'm still bleeding alot and feel light headed. My head was also hurting alot. It's so much much blood and a weird texture. I'm hoping itll stop tomorrow.

Thank you for your help
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

Are you taking it easy and resting today? If they had concerns about anemia, then you are going to feel light headed, especially if you're up and about. If you can, today would be a great day to just hunker down in bed and relax as much as you can. :)
Rainbowhooves
not a newbie

It's not possible for me to stay home anyways.

I have a question...How do I know that it is coming out of my vagina and not my anus? I've been having a lot of intestinal problems lately but I'm a worried it's coming out of my anus as it seems to just drop down when I sit on the toilet. I clean myself in the front and there is blood but the back as well as if it slides down. The bad get filled in the front AND back. Help?

There is less blood today
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

If the healthcare providers who you saw had any concern this was rectal bleeding -- which is going to be about injury, not something that will happen because of a reproductive hormonal imbalance, as your rectum and anus aren't part of your reproductive system -- they would have investigated that and let you know if that was an issue. So, it's pretty safe, if they talked about a hormonal issue, and didn't mention anything to you about caring for a rectal or anal injury, to assume that's not an issue.

But if you'd feel better knowing for sure yourself, when you're on the toilet, after you have wiped away the bleeding, if you just sit for a couple minutes, then gently take a tissue and blot your vaginal opening, then another tissue and blot your anus, you'll probably see some spotting on the first tissue, and not the second.

And again, if in doubt, or if you have other concerns, you can always follow up with a healthcare provider soon. They probably advised you to do that at the ER anyway, yes?
Rainbowhooves
not a newbie

Thank you Heather

The bleeding has stopped for now and i'm going to withdraw from sex for a while until my cycle gets back to normal.

Thank you for your help
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

It's good to hear that the bleeding's stopped! :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic