Scarleteen Podcast! - Coming Soon!

Site or organizational updates, like new content, tools or services, activist alerts, news or other Scarleteen-related information.
Jacob
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They

Scarleteen Podcast! - Coming Soon!

Unread post by Jacob »

I'm excited to tell you all that we're planning to realease a Scarleteen Podcast in September!

I would really like to include as much of your voices and input as we can. That means I may be asking you for your contributions when we start broadcasting. But also, now that we are in the planning stage is there anything you would really like to hear in our Scarleteen Audio output??

The plan at the moment is to have regular advice Q&As at the centre of each episode. Followed by a slot where we can showcase your voicemails / contributions / creative stuff(?), because in a sense you folks are what it's all about! How does that sound?

Currently not sure what we'll call it... we have a few options so far. Do you guys have any ideas? Here's what we have so far...
  • Scarleteen Time! (My fave, because adventure time!)
  • Our Sex Ed Podcast
  • Real World Sex Ed
  • Sex Ed Real-Talk
  • Scarleteen Real-Talk
"In between two tall mountains there's a place they call lonesome.
Don't see why they call it lonesome.
I'm never lonesome when I go there." Connie Converse - Talkin' Like You
al
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I make zines!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Scarleteen Podcast! - Coming Soon!

Unread post by al »

Oh my word this is amazing. I'm so excited for it. The prospect of potentially hearing my own voice terrifies me but I would love to help provide editing skills/ideas for shows/background music.

I also really like our Queer Sex Ed theme vis a vis Izzy's pins, so maybe we could tie that into the name somehow??
Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it. -Special Agent Dana Katherine Scully
Jacob
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They

Re: Scarleteen Podcast! - Coming Soon!

Unread post by Jacob »

We could slap the word queer in there too, good idea... I have a fog of keywords floating in my head... they should congeal eventually!
"In between two tall mountains there's a place they call lonesome.
Don't see why they call it lonesome.
I'm never lonesome when I go there." Connie Converse - Talkin' Like You
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic