Why do I feel this way?

When you want support through something scary or rough, and help pulling yourself together and getting through, this is the place.
Forum rules
We ask that users looking for general, ongoing emotional support post in this area of the boards, and that you use this space to both ask for, give and receive that support primarily from each other, rather than from our staff and volunteers. As a staff, we simply are often too overextended with all we need to do in running the organization and its services to do that for extended periods of time, and one of our main aims of our community at the boards has always been to facilitate peers to better be there for each other.

Users often report that they have no in-person peers they can talk to or seek support from: we want this to be a space for online peer support and somewhere everyone can get some practice asking for, getting and giving support so that doing it with people in your lives feels more doable.

Please remember that neither staff, volunteers nor your fellow users can provide or replace mental healthcare when that is something you need. Users struggling with issues like anxiety, depression, abuse or physical health issues are strongly encouraged to seek out qualified, in-person help with those issues in addition to peer or staff support.
Unknown14
Awesomeness Quotient: My eyes
Primary language: Engkish
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: I don't know

Why do I feel this way?

Unread post by Unknown14 »

A couple of years ago I used to self harm. I recently opened up about it to one of my very close friends, I have started to have the urge to self harm again and I've got no idea why?
Last edited by Unknown14 on Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unknown14
Awesomeness Quotient: My eyes
Primary language: Engkish
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: I don't know

Re: Why do I feel this way?

Unread post by Unknown14 »

Unknown14 wrote:A couple of years ago I used to self harm. I recently opened up about it to one of my very close friends, I have started to have the urge to self harm again and I've got no idea why?
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Why do I feel this way?

Unread post by Karyn »

Unfortunately, mental health issues like this are outside the scope of what we do here. However, this piece has a list of resources (including some in the UK) that do provide mental health support and assistance: Anxiety and Other Mental Health Resources. I would strongly suggest that you use one of the phone helplines or other resources in that list. Seeking out in-person mental healthcare (like a therapist or counselor) if that's doable for you would also likely be a big help.
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic