For anyone who needs some extra support

When you want support through something scary or rough, and help pulling yourself together and getting through, this is the place.
Forum rules
We ask that users looking for general, ongoing emotional support post in this area of the boards, and that you use this space to both ask for, give and receive that support primarily from each other, rather than from our staff and volunteers. As a staff, we simply are often too overextended with all we need to do in running the organization and its services to do that for extended periods of time, and one of our main aims of our community at the boards has always been to facilitate peers to better be there for each other.

Users often report that they have no in-person peers they can talk to or seek support from: we want this to be a space for online peer support and somewhere everyone can get some practice asking for, getting and giving support so that doing it with people in your lives feels more doable.

Please remember that neither staff, volunteers nor your fellow users can provide or replace mental healthcare when that is something you need. Users struggling with issues like anxiety, depression, abuse or physical health issues are strongly encouraged to seek out qualified, in-person help with those issues in addition to peer or staff support.
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

For anyone who needs some extra support

Unread post by Karyn »

A lot of us staff and volunteers are feeling pretty crummy today because of the inauguration in the U.S., so it wouldn't be surprising if a lot of you were feeling the same way!

So, if you'd like some extra support with anything or just a space to vent some of those feelings, this is it.
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
Someone
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I like to help people
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she / her
Sexual identity: heterosexual female

Re: For anyone who needs some extra support

Unread post by Someone »

I hope he doesn't get reelected.....

I keep getting e-mails for petitions to impeach Trump and I think even if he was there would still be Pence in his his place.... I sign petitions, e-mail my senators, and

I'm joining / going volunteer at a local advocacy / support group area for people with disabilities in my area.

I'm trying to channel my disappointment, anger, fear, and sadness into something positive.

Yet, I still feel that way to an extent.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic