Can Plan B OneStep delay your second period after taking it?

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
hlw13
Awesomeness Quotient: My friendliness
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Can Plan B OneStep delay your second period after taking it?

Unread post by hlw13 »

Okay, to start off, my boyfriend and I NEVER have unprotected sex. We always use a condom, and he also pulls out. On the 10th of October, the condom broke while we were having sex. To be safe, we stopped and went and bought Plan B OneStep (the one with only one pill), and I took it within the hour. One week later, I had my period as expected. It was my usual, same duration and flow and everything. This month, I was supposed to start my next period on November 17th; however, I am 3 days late. Could this be a result of the Plan B pill? I haven't experienced any other pregnancy symptoms whatsoever, but I have read that quite a few women experience a delayed second period after taking the pill. Any input is helpful. Thanks!
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Can Plan B OneStep delay your second period after taking

Unread post by Karyn »

Yep, Plan B can throw your cycles off for a while after taking it. If you'd like some extra reassurance though, taking a pregnancy test can help with that.
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic