Is mild cramping after a period normal?

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
leafy
Pronouns: she/her

Is mild cramping after a period normal?

Unread post by leafy »

I normally don’t feel any cramping after my period ends but lately i’ve been having some mild cramps, nothing painful or anything, about a week after my period ended.

I’m pretty sure it has nothing to do with pregnancy as I hadn’t done anything to pose a risk since my period has ended and I took two tests that came out negative anyway. So what could be the cause of the cramps? Or are cramps after a period a normal thing?

Thank you in advance for all your help!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Is mild cramping after a period normal?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi leafy,

We can't say for certain what's causing the cramps, but if they seem to only happen about a week after your period ends, it's possible they're just a side effect of your cycle. However, if you notice them happening nowhere near your period, they're increasing in how often they happen, or they're getting more painful, then you may want to check in with a healthcare provider to find out what might be causing them.
leafy

Unread post by leafy »

It’s only happened this one time so far, so maybe it’s just a one off thing?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Ah, okay, I misunderstood slightly so thanks for clarifying! Yes, if this is the first time this has happened then it's possible it's just a one-time thing, one of those symptom variations that can happen with your period.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic