Not sure

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
ifallinluv2easy
Awesomeness Quotient: That I can't live without breathing
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her

Not sure

Unread post by ifallinluv2easy »

Hey,
I guess why I'm here.. Is because there is not one person in my life I feel comfortable talking about sex. Mabye I would if they tried talking about it but its like sex doesn't exist. Not just sex but everything that comes from sex. I'm afraid ill get a " you dont need to think about that," " you're to young," and " you're not ready." Like thanks all of your advice will come in handy when im 21 and sexually attracted to someone.. ;)
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Not sure

Unread post by Heather »

I hear you! This is one of the reasons I started Scarleteen in the first place: this is a very common silence young people have unfortunately had to deal with on the regular for a very, very long time.

We recognize that sexuality is something lifelong. It's not the same at every stage or time of life, and it doesn't make sense to talk to people about parts of sexuality that aren't relevant to them, or that they don't feel ready to talk about yet. But we're here for any talking you want to do about sex and sexuality that feels right for you and like what you want and need. If you've got questions or things you want to start talking about, feel free to get started! :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
lilacsplendor18
Awesomeness Quotient: Super empathetic human who loves yoga and boba!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: N/A

Re: Not sure

Unread post by lilacsplendor18 »

I may be a little late to join in on this thread, but I felt the need to say that I also started browsing around on Scarleteen a few years ago because sex wasn't something that was talked about or acknowledged in my life. You definitely are not alone.

Scarleteen is a great resource with easy-to-read articles for folks to use in order to become more informed about their bodies, sex, sexuality, gender, relationships, and so much more! If you have any questions or simply want to begin a conversation, I hope to see you around the message boards in the future. :-)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic