My boyfriend broke my IPhone screen

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
IloveCardi
Awesomeness Quotient: My personality
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Her
Sexual identity: Straight

My boyfriend broke my IPhone screen

Unread post by IloveCardi »

So basically I been in a relationship with my boyfriend for a year .. Right now I’m totally upset with him because he went in my jacket and took my phone and it fell on the floor by accident. After that I told him I was mad at him and he told me he was gonna fix it when he got his pay check .. That same day he broke my phone screen he decided to take me to the movie theatres and everything came up to $70 , I basically felt like he was trying to make up for my phone by taking me to the movies. A few weeks go by and he’s complaining about me nagging him about my phone and telling me he’s gonna fix it when he can. He gets paid and on the second day I expect him to help me with my phone. He said he’s going to ask his friend if they can give me an iPhone screen or I should try to find a store so that he can fix it. Honestly I feel like he’s not being responsible and making me do the work for something that he’s done. I’m really upset so I blocked him off everything he has me on! Am I overreacting? Does he care ?! What should I do??!
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: My boyfriend broke my IPhone screen

Unread post by Heather »

Can you tell me a little bit more about this relationship on the whole? Like, this sounds frustrating, for sure, but it also sounds like this might not be the only frustrating part of this relationship if you're thjis quick to do things like blocking your partner from all your social media.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
IloveCardi
Awesomeness Quotient: My personality
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Unread post by IloveCardi »

Okay so basically me and my boyfriend had a good relationship but lately when I go to see him he doesn't want me to leave so he blocks the door way and I ended up staying for the night. I'm kinda feeling like he did too much and I kept giving him chances and he kept taking advantage of me by flirting with other girls, commenting "wifey" under next girls pictures , physically hurting me and crossing my boundaries.. I'm wondering if I should leave him and try to fix my phone by myself or just stay hoping he will change. Also I'm also mad at him for taking my shoes and never gave it back a few months ago!
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Hold up: there's a bunch here, but you seem to be saying that your boyfriend physically abuses you. Do I have that right?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic