Trouble trying to masturbate

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Shck
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/him
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

Trouble trying to masturbate

Unread post by Shck »

I am a frustrated 14 year old male. Whenever I try to masturbate, I do not feel much at all. The most I can do is get erect and feel short bits of pleasure. How can I fix this?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Trouble trying to masturbate

Unread post by Heather »

Welcome to the board, Shck.

On the whole, the intensity of sensation that we feel with any kind of sexual touch -- whether we're talking about on or with our genitals or about other body parts -- is as much about, and sometimes more about, how we feel in our heads then it is about the body parts we're touching or how we're touching them.

If we're not very sexually excited, then even touching parts of our bodies with the highest concentration of nerve endings (like our mouths, genitals, toes) can feel pretty meh. So, the first thing I'd want to check in with you about is about what's going on in your head before and during masturbation.

Are you feeling intellectually and emotionally turned on and sexually excited? Are you in an environment where you feel safe and free to kind of get lost in those feelings and your own masturbation? Are you taking time to get yourself more excited -- something you can do just with your own imagination -- before you start masturbating? Is there anything that feels like a buzzkill to sexual thoughts or feelings at these times?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Jade1414
Awesomeness Quotient: Confidence
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Zara
Sexual identity: I’m a girl

Re: Trouble trying to masturbate

Unread post by Jade1414 »

Hey dude. I'm a 13 year old girl so this is a little different but I have mates that have the same issue and I hear A lot of people tell them and ask them if they have the right thing to get them exited or whatever. You should make sure you have the right thing in gourmand or in content to get you in that state of mind then off ya go. Sorry if this didn't help I'm just going off what I hear my guy mates talk about.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic