Pink discharge mid cycle

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Stephanie97
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/ her

Pink discharge mid cycle

Unread post by Stephanie97 »

Hi! So I had some pink discharge and then it was a little bloody like twice a day for two days a few weeks ago. I was due for my period but I am now late.
I am not on any birth control and haven’t engaged in any of the sexual activities that put me at risk for pregnancy- so what could this be?

Note- I do have pregnancy anxiety in general but I know from logic that is just not possible but there definitely has been anxiety which could be delaying my period. Just for some context!

Thanks In advance !
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Pink discharge mid cycle

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Stephanie,

We can't say for certain what caused the change in your discharge, or why your period is late. However, what we do know is that it's quite common for people to have periods that arrive a bit earlier or later than expected. You can read about the various reasons why a period may be late in this article: M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period? .

Too can you give me a sense of how you're tracking your cycle? Are you using an app, counting days, something else?
Stephanie97
not a newbie

Hi Sam!

I was using an app but because of my proneness to unwarranted pregnancy anxiety which resulted in me becoming almost obsessive about tracking myself on the app, I deleted it to not be so dependent on it and try to set myself in the mentality of “it will come when it comes”. (I deleted the app around last week)
I do remember that I was originally supposed to get it the 11th but then the app updated for me before I deleted it and said the 15th so it’s still confusing !
I guess the abnormal discharge and the late period just had me curious if there could be something else going on ?
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Sounds like you made a good choice in terms of removing an app that was increasing your stress around these things. If you're worried about discharge, you might want to take a look at this article to see if it helps shed some light on what might be happening: Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions

As an aside, do you find you experience a lot of anxiety about things in your life that you find hard to shake?
Stephanie97
not a newbie

Yes I have looked at the article!

And yes I am a very anxious person I’m general and ESPECIALLY when it comes to things that are abnormal with my cycle such as this instance coupled with my late period. Aside from that I just get stressed with other things in my life
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

So, if you're noticing that you tend to be anxious a lot about a variety of things, and those anxieties can be hard to shake, then you may (assuming you haven't already done so) want to check in with a mental healthcare provider to see if there is an underlying cause to that anxiety. If that's something you're interested in exploring, we have some resources to help you get started.

Too, you may want to look at this article if you haven't before to see if any of the reasons listed jump out at you. Sometimes, concerns about pregnancy are being fed by deeper fears of beliefs: You're Not Pregnant. Why Do You think You Are?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic