Being Bisexual Enough

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
IsaiahFlamez
Awesomeness Quotient: My love of movies
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/him, sometimes she/her
Sexual identity: Queer but demiromantic

Being Bisexual Enough

Unread post by IsaiahFlamez »

My name is Rashard, and I identify as bisexual. However, right now, I have no romantic attachments to anyone so it’s iust purely sexual feelings. I’ve never had relations with another male, but I do find some of them attractive. Does that still make me bisexual or am I just straight?
Alice M
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: my boundaries
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bi/pan

Re: Being Bisexual Enough

Unread post by Alice M »

Hi Rashard and welcome to Scarleteen!

I understand how complicated this can feel. We're all getting messages all of the time from our friends, family, media and culture about what sexuality is and what we should/shouldn't be. The good news is: you get to define your sexuality, with your own words, for you. No one gets to define your sexuality for you. What does that mean? This article really breaks down the different components of sexuality and defines it as an ecosystem. Have a look: Sexuality: WTF Is It, Anyway?
and come back with any questions/comments?
IsaiahFlamez
Awesomeness Quotient: My love of movies
Pronouns: He/him, sometimes she/her
Sexual identity: Queer but demiromantic

Unread post by IsaiahFlamez »

Does it say anything about bisexual men knowing they’re bisexual but not ever having a male sex partner?
Alice M
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: my boundaries
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bi/pan

Unread post by Alice M »

Yes -- it goes beyond that. "Everyone can have a sexuality, and that includes: People who have never had a sexual partner, people who don't ever want to have a sexual partner..." etc. Your experiences do not need to define your label (should you choose to have label your sexuality). This is about you and how you feel you identify.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic