sex

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
sarajane17
Awesomeness Quotient: my eyes
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: straight

sex

Unread post by sarajane17 »

so i have started having sex recently and i really enjoyed it like alot but after i got really emotional like i started crying and i dont know why like i enjoyed it and after we had sex i felt pressure in my lower abdomen. i just wanna know why i got emotional and why i feel pressure
al
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I make zines!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer

Re: sex

Unread post by al »

Hi there sarajane, and welcome to Scarleteen!

It’s hard to say why you felt some pressure in your lower abdomen after sex - it’s possible you were having some uterine cramps, which sometimes happens during or after orgasm. If you’re not in any pain and don’t have any other concerning symptoms, it’s probably not anything to worry about!

As for the emotional stuff, there’s a lot of different things that might be coming up. First of all, do you feel safe and comfortable with your partner? Is there anything during the experience that made you feel nervous and anxious? It’s possible that those feelings were coming up afterward, even though the sensation itself felt good. What kinds of thoughts or emotions came up for you during the experience? What did you like to not like about it?
Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it. -Special Agent Dana Katherine Scully
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Just a little extra info for you: With those cramps, know that when we get turned on sexually, a whole bunch of blood flows to that area of the body that isn't usually so concentrated there. When we stop being sexual -- especially if we did NOT reach orgasm, but sometimes even when we have, or if we stop abruptly -- cramps can happen (people with penises will sometimes call this "blue balls") because all that blood hasn't yet gone back to circulating the way it does when we're not turned on.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
sarajane17

i feel very comftorable with them and i mightve been a little anxious becausei was scared we were gonna get caught and i was scared he wasnt going to like it the same way i did or he wasnt going to like me anymore but uhm during i felt okay and i think the only thing i didnt like about it was he reached his orgasm but i dont think i did and i was a little fustrated because of that after but other than that i was fine but i enjoyed everything else
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

It sounds like you had some high emotions at the time - wanting to make sure you don't get caught having sex and worrying about you partner not enjoying it or not feeling the same about you after are pretty intense things to have on your mind! So, having some level of emotional release afterwards doesn't sound unusual, even if you were feeling good at the time. If you're the sort of person who tenses up physically when feeling stressed or worried, some of that tension could have contributed to the pressure you felt in your abdomen, but what Heather suggested above is likely as well.
sarajane17

okay thank you for the advice
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: Figuring it out

Unread post by Siân »

You're welcome! Is there anything more you'd like to talk about? With this, or anything else?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic